Mark your calendar and start looking up flights. The 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games will be held the week of Wednesday, July 29, through Sunday, Aug. 2. Competition start times will be released as the event nears. The CrossFit Games are the world’s premier test to find the Fittest on Earth and a festival for fans all over the world. Each year, Madison, Wisconsin, plays host to the CrossFit community in celebration of fitness and friends. It’s time to start planning for 2020. Here are important dates to remember:
- Madison Club Tickets Go on Sale = Monday, January 13
- Camping and RV Spots Go on Sale = Monday, January 13
- CrossFit Games Tickets - Madison Club Pre-Sale = Monday, February 10
- CrossFit Games Tickets - Affiliate Pre-Sale = Wednesday, February 12
- CrossFit Games Tickets - Public Sale = Monday, February 17
Visit CrossFitHotels.com for more information on accommodations. New vendors and sponsors may inquire through this form. There is much more to come. See you in Madison.
The CrossFit Games are the world’s premier test to find the Fittest on Earth™. They are world-renowned as a grueling test for the toughest athletes on Earth as well as a thrilling experience for spectators. Since its inception in 2007, the CrossFit Games have become “one of the fastest growing sports in America,” according to Forbes.
The Games were created to fill a void—no other true test of fitness existed. From Ironman triathlons to the NFL, all other athletic events neglected to accurately test fitness. Even decathlons, while testing a relatively wide range of abilities, missed vital components of physical fitness.
The CrossFit Games events are made up of a broad range of functional movements. Functional movements move large loads, long distances, quickly. These movements also form the basis of our exercise program. Make no mistake—the CrossFit Games are designed to test, not train, fitness. The goal is to find the fittest athletes, not to produce an easily replicable workout program.
Athletes may qualify for the Games through the worldwide Open or the Age Group Online Qualifier. Top athletes and teams from Sanctionals™ also earn invitations. The week of the CrossFit Games is a festival of fitness, with fans from around the globe coming to watch the competition while also connecting with fellow CrossFitters, trainers and affiliate owners.
Items PROHIBITED at CrossFit Games:
Items not permitted into the facility include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Food, alcohol, etc.
· Noisemakers, whistles, air horns, musical instruments
· Glass bottles, metal cans, etc.
· Animals (except service animals)
· Weapons, explosives, pepper spray, tear gas, etc.
· Fireworks, slingshots, smoke bombs, laser pointers, etc.
· Large bags, large backpacks, suitcases, briefcases, beach bags, etc.
· Water guns, toy/replica weapons, squirt bottles, soap bubbles, etc.
· Beach balls, Frisbees, balloons, brooms, skateboards, roller blades, skates, etc.
· Flags/signs larger than 3by4 feet
· Sticks, poles, rods
· Confetti or streamers
Guests found in possession of the above mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the facility or dispose of it. Guests found in possession of the above mentioned items inside of the facility may be subject to the confiscation of the items or possible ejection. Guests found in possession of fireworks or explosive devices will be ejected from the facility. Guests who refuse to comply may be denied entry or will be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest.