County Board Chair Sharon Corrigan, 608.333.2285
County Board Chair Sharon Corrigan today announced the appointees to the 12-member Alliant Energy Center Comprehensive Master Planning Committee, which will guide the upcoming market study and master planning process to determine the future of the Alliant Energy Center.
“John Nolen gathered a committee of community leaders to draft the Madison Plan one hundred years ago. At that time, Dane County was the new owner of this property,” said County Board Chair Sharon Corrigan. “The work that this committee does will set the stage for the next one hundred years for the Alliant Energy Center property and will be a catalyst for re-imagining the John Nolen corridor into Madison and the surrounding areas,” she concluded.
“Far too often, elected officials move ahead on projects, and spend taxpayer money, without hearing from the community they serve,” said Supervisor Shelia Stubbs, who represents the district where the AEC is located. “I am grateful to my colleagues on the County Board for forming this committee to hear from my constituents and neighbors, and to let the people who live here have a say as to what goes on in their neighborhood.”
Corrigan and Stubbs will both serve on the committee. The other members include:
- Arlyn Halverson, Dane County Highway Department employee and president of AFSCME Local #65
- Tom DeChant, neighborhood resident
- Sherrie Carter, alder who represents the AEC’s district on the Madison Common Council
- Natalie Erdman, City of Madison Department of Planning, Community & Economic Development Director
- Jonathan Becker, former County Board Chair
- Deb Archer, Greater Madison Convention and Visitors Bureau President and CEO
- Brewer Stouffer, Owner, Roman Candle
- Zach Brandon, Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce President
- Gregg Shimanski, realtor
- County Supervisor Robin Schmidt
Corrigan said she expects the committee to hold its first meeting in April.